Monday, January 12, 2015

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Arrived this evening in Oklahoma City.  Feels like we just left, but I know that we have been in the bus together for more than 20 hours.  Weather forecast included snow, sleet, and freezing rain along our route.  Fortunately we only experienced some rain in St. Louis last night.  Clearing today, much better travels except for some cross-winds. We are thankful that we arrived safely.  It has been a great trip thus far. 

I have gone on numerous mission trips with the youth from Hiland, my current home Church, and they always shared how they loved the van rides to our mission trip location.  I know it was because they could deepen existing friendships and develop new ones.  I agree and over the years I have learned it is integral to developing a deeper relationship with people.  Another way to develop relationships is working, living, and sharing with other Christians.  Our entire team had dinner together tonight after we picked some folks up at the airport.  It has been great getting to know my bus mates and and the others on our team.  i am very much looking forward to what God has in store for us this week.    

No comments:

Post a Comment